American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The wife of a rajah.
- n. A princess or queen in India or the East Indies.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In India, the wife of a raja, or a reigning princess; a queen.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. India A queen or princess; the wife of a rajah.
- n. (the feminine of raja) a Hindu princess or the wife of a raja
- From Hindustani रानी / رانی (rānī), from Sanskrit राज्ञी (rā́jñī, "queen, princess"). (Wiktionary)
- Hindi rānī, from Sanskrit rājñī, feminine of rājā, rājñ-, rajah; see rajah. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“which means to worship, and the word rani, which means queen.”
“Could not locate entry in sysdatabases for database 'rani'.”
“Thanks so much for including me in such a fine list of articles ... so much good reading here. rani permalink”
“Who can name the old hindi movie in which Deepti Naval wins the heart of FIL, Uttpal Dutt with bought out kachoris smuggled into the kitchen by a ever naughty Saeed Jaffery, saying that the bahu rani has made them?”
“It's the rulers that matter, the rajas and the nabobs - like this rani of yours in Jhansi.”
“The diamond mines in Panna, the temples of Khajuraho and Jhansi ki rani are a few names that make this place unique.”
“The last they came together was to sing Bahi Jaiyo na rani bahi jayo na for Sabse Bada Rupaiya in 1976.”
“Breathing in the gardenia and raat ki rani his father had planted, he took out his cigarettes.”
“Filed under: Firoze Shakir Bollywoods Most Wanted , baby guru, hijda jumbo rani, hijdas, madhurima guru, nayak ragini”
“January 29th, 2007 at 6: 03 am nice pics ignore the bad comments by the way rani Says:”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘rani’.
the good ole boys of the nyt crossword puzzle
Oh, that little smiling teacher tile in my Scrabble app. He teaches me so much.
or sultana or mogul or...
rulers of the world
Looking for tweets for rani.