from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A member of a pastoral, largely Muslim people inhabiting parts of West Africa from northern Nigeria to Mali and the Atlantic coast.
- n. The West Atlantic language of this people.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The language of the Fulani people, a member of the Niger-Congo family of languages.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a member of a pastoral and nomadic people of western Africa; they are traditionally cattle herders of Muslim faith
- n. a family of languages of the Fulani of West Africa and used as a lingua franca in the sub-Saharan regions from Senegal to Chad; the best known of the West African languages
Sorry, no etymologies found.