from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative form of almadie.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A bark canoe used by the Africans.
- n. A boat used at Calicut, in India, about eighty feet long, and six or seven broad.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A river-boat used in India, shaped like a shuttle, about 80 feet long and 6 or 7 broad.
- n. A small African canoe made of the bark of trees. Some of the larger square-sterned boats of the negroes are also thus designated.
- n. Also written almadie, almady.
Sorry, no etymologies found.