from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A vehicle, used especially by small children, that has three wheels, one at the front and two at the back, and is usually propelled by pedals.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A cycle with three wheels, powered by pedals and usually intended for young children.
- v. To ride a tricycle.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A three-wheeled velocipede. See Illust. under velocipede. Cf. bicycle.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To ride on a tricycle.
- n. A three-wheeled vehicle.
- n. A three-wheeled coach. See the quotation.
- n. A modification of the velocipede or bicycle, having three wheels. The wheels are variously arranged, as two in front and one behind, or the reverse. Tricycles are made for one or two persons; in the latter case the riders sit either side by side or one before the other. Compare bicycle.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a vehicle with three wheels that is moved by foot pedals
I take it the term tricycle 'does not apply to the Real; the Real is not a tricycle.
If you are younger than 33, I was riding fixed before you were....its called a tricycle bitches!
A tricycle is of course inherently stable, and a bicycle has a kind of stability when moving.
So long as the tricycle was a crude and clumsy machine, there was no chance of cycling becoming a part, as it almost is and certainly soon will be, of our national life.
Hitherto one of the chief objections to the use of the tricycle has been the great difficulty experienced in climbing hills, a very slight ascent being sufficient to tax the powers of the rider to such an extent as to induce if not compel him in most instances to dismount and wheel his machine along by hand until more favorable ground is reached.
"He means a blood horse," explained Lynn in a low tone; "he always pretends his tricycle is a race-horse."
Palomino says the attackers used at least 88 pounds 40 kilograms of the explosive Pentonite on what officials describe as a "tricycle bomb."
A 777 has a so-called tricycle layout for the landing gear.
Arusha - A Non Governmental Organization (NGO) known as Twende has invented a tricycle, which is operated by treadles rather than pedals, to improve local means of transportation
Her regular customers in her store and for her tricycle are her neighbors and the local community.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.