from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Being in a flutter; fluttering: with flags aflutter.
- adj. Nervous and excited.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. In a state of excited anticipation or confusion.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In a flutter; agitated.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In a flutter or commotion: agitated; fluttering.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. excited in anticipation
From a- + flutter. (Wiktionary)