from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Berlin wool.
- n. A four-wheeled closed carriage having an open, hooded seat behind.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A four-wheeled carriage with a separate sheltered seat behind the body.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A four-wheeled carriage, having a sheltered seat behind the body and separate from it, invented in the 17th century, at Berlin.
- n. Fine worsted for fancy-work; zephyr worsted; -- called also Berlin wool.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A large four-wheeled carriage with a suspended body, two interior seats, and a top or hood that can be raised or lowered: so called because first made in Berlin, in the seventeenth century, from the designs of an architect of the elector of Brandenburg.
- n. A knitted glove.
- n. See birlin.
- n. A dance similar to a polka (which see).
- n. A fine kind of dyed wool used for knitting fancy articles, tapestry, etc.
- n. A variety of boxed sleigh, used for passengers or goods.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. capital of Germany located in eastern Germany
- n. a limousine with a glass partition between the front and back seats
- n. United States songwriter (born in Russia) who wrote more than 1500 songs and several musical comedies (1888-1989)
Wld like to take credit for the crowds, the 200,000 in berlin, but can't, represented a symbol of america returning to our best traditions.
April 23, 2006 20: 44 travelmate: thank you very much. i live in berlin and love the city. and i like the music you choose for this site.
May 04, 2004 arcane workings yesterday i got a call from my dad telling me that my nana had gone to see the dr. about a persistent cold, had collapsed at the dr's and been taken to hospital, seriously ill. i was shocked, because while i didn't know my grandfather too well, nana has always been there, sweet and generous and spoiling all of us grandkids to death. i just can't imagine nana not being there to slip me a handlful of sweets and loose change from the depths of her bottomless handbag. i had a moment of irrational panic, cos i just sent off my passport (they insist upon originals unless i fancy a trip to geneva to get my stuff authenticated by an official) to the australian embassy in berlin in order to get an oz passport for lola in preparation for our trip back home in august. what if i had to fly back in a rush?!
Last year, at the twilight dvd release party in berlin, charlie bewley and daniel cudmore where there as well, though it was for twilight. i think it’s nice that the german fans got to know bryce.
In the berlin was his mother, who offered me the welcome given to an expected friend.
Others, such as those proposing to launch ". berlin" and other city gTLDs, pointed out that while ICANN wrings its hands over trademarks, city names are "the oldest, strongest, and most powerful brands mankind has ever created".
The use of domain names will also eventually include municipal suffixes, such as ". berlin,"
The use of IDNs will expand over time to include all types of suffixes, such as ". berlin",
The use of IDNs will expand over time to include all types of suffixes, such as ". berlin", ICANN chairman Peter Dengate Thrush said at an opening press conference last Monday.
I want to say – thank you for this! wohnung berlin Says:
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.