from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of northeast Massachusetts, a residential and industrial suburb of Boston. It was formerly an important shoe-making center. Population: 88,000.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A habitational surname.
- proper n. Any of several place names ( outside Britain named for persons with the surname).
- proper n. A male given name usually appearing as a middle name.
- proper n. A female given name, popular as a middle name.
From place names in Norfolk and Scotland, Scottish Gaelic linne ("stream, pool") or from corresponding Old English/Celtic words. (Wiktionary)