from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A four-wheeled horse-drawn vehicle formerly used to transport mail and passengers over a regular route.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of stage-coach.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A coach that runs regularly from one stage, station, or place to another, for the conveyance of passengers.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A coach that runs by stages; a coach that runs regularly every day or on stated days between two places, for the conveyance of passengers. Also stage.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a large coach-and-four formerly used to carry passengers and mail on regular routes between towns
Sorry, no etymologies found.