from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Clothes worn next to the skin, beneath one's outer clothing. Also called underclothes, underclothing.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Clothes worn next to the skin, underneath outer clothing.
- n. Men's underpants.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. That which is worn under the outside clothing; underclothes.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A wearing under the outer clothing: as, clothes suited for underwear.
- n. Undergarments; underclothes in general: a trade term.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. undergarment worn next to the skin and under the outer garments
Girls in underwear is not nudity and never has been.
Girls in underwear is nudity, at least, traditionally.
But Roger, I think the thing that has everyone tying knots in underwear is your implication that children's and YA lit is somehow intellectually inferior.
The Republicans are riled if their underwear is the wrong color.
7: Girls in underwear is nudity, at least, traditionally.
7: Can you point me, please, to any support for the proposition that “Girls in underwear is nudity, at least, traditionally” (at least in a legal context)?
Who woulda thunk that soooooooo many Christians from the religious right would obediently follow and believe the words of a Mormon who wears magic underwear, is a recovering alcoholic and describes himself as a clown?
A young woman in underwear posing in front of a camera. in: Science & Technology News
A young woman in underwear posing in front of a camera.
His shirts are missing buttons, underwear is stiff with starch or dyed pansy pink, pants are missing a cuff or the fly is sewn shut so the guy cant even take a leak unless he pulls his pants down like a little girl.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.