from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Clothes worn next to the skin, beneath one's outer clothing. Also called underclothes, underclothing.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Clothes worn next to the skin, underneath outer clothing.
- n. Men's underpants.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. That which is worn under the outside clothing; underclothes.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A wearing under the outer clothing: as, clothes suited for underwear.
- n. Undergarments; underclothes in general: a trade term.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. undergarment worn next to the skin and under the outer garments
From under- + wear. Compare Dutch ondergoed, German Unterwäsche, Swedish underkläder. (Wiktionary)