from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n.pl. Clothes, such as pajamas or a nightgown, worn in bed. Also called nightdress, nightwear, sleepwear.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Clothing worn while sleeping in bed, such as pyjamas or a nightgown, and when worn over nightclothes, a robe.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. garments designed to be worn in bed, such as pyjamas, a nightgown, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Garments designed to be worn in bed.
- Negligée or informal dress worn in the evening.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. garments designed to be worn in bed
Sorry, no etymologies found.