from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Suitable for wear: wearable shoes for the summer.
- adj. Suitable for easy wear: wearable evening clothes.
- n. Something that can be worn, especially a garment. Often used in the plural.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Able to be worn.
- n. Something that can be worn; an item of clothing.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Capable of being worn; suitable to be worn.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Capable of being worn; fit for wear, as a garment or a textile fabric.
- n. A garment; a piece of wearing-apparel.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. suitable for wear or able to be worn
- n. a covering designed to be worn on a person's body
wear + -able (Wiktionary)