American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Suitable for wear: wearable shoes for the summer.
- adj. Suitable for easy wear: wearable evening clothes.
- n. Something that can be worn, especially a garment. Often used in the plural.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Capable of being worn; fit for wear, as a garment or a textile fabric.
- n. A garment; a piece of wearing-apparel.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Capable of being worn; suitable to be worn.
- adj. suitable for wear or able to be worn
- n. a covering designed to be worn on a person's body
- wear + -able (Wiktionary)
“With an impressive feel for fashion and quality, the collection offers the best in wearable maternity apparel helping moms-to-be to look fabulous seven days a week with key pieces that work for any day, any occasion.”
“Children's warm clothes, new (not secondhand) lungis and dhotis for men. sturdy saris in wearable condition, rice and dal are welcome.”
“I've always been interested in wearable computers ... and here's an exciting development brought to you by some kick-ass Japanese developers.”
“His stuff doesn't look like anybody else," but it's wearable, which is hard to do in menswear, says Jenna Lyons , creative director for J.”
“I deal a lot in what I'd call wearable, everyday fashions that are usually quite affordable.”
“They are all part of a trend called connected health, and another trend called wearable technology.”
“Her collection of work is best described as wearable art.”
“The crazy outlandish dresses are simply attention seekers but even their so called wearable dresses are beyond the reach of common Indian, imagine wearing one and getting in a crowded Delhi Transport Bus, there are chances you may be jeered and hounded out.”
“Some were what I would call wearable and very cute where others were not what I would call clothing.”
“Schaeffer Outfitters Ranchwear - Clothes of Quality Schaffer Outfitter Ranch don is western titled wearable Yes you stimulate it exact, they are wearable that equips unexcelled for cowboys and cowgirls”
Looking for tweets for wearable.