from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of accoutering.
- n. An article of clothing or equipment, in particular when used as an accessory.
- n. apparatus needed for a task or journey.
- n. Equipment other than weapons and uniform.
- n. trappings.
- n. An identifying yet superficial characteristic.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. an item of clothing that is worn or carried, but not part of one's main clothing.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Personal vestment or clothing; equipment or furnishing in general; array; apparel.
- n. plural Dress in relation to its component parts; equipage; trappings; specifically, the equipments of a soldier except arms and clothing; equipage for military service. See equipage.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. clothing that is worn or carried, but not part of your main clothing
The result was that in the end the Valiant Soldier, of the Christian army, was distinguished by no peculiarity of accoutrement from the Turkish Knight; and what was worse, on a casual view Saint George himself might be mistaken for his deadly enemy, the Saracen.
Undoubtedly his most distinguishing artistic trait, Okazaki's graphic style is a peculiar syncretism of cultural and stylistic elements from the East and West that favors funky portmanteaus like a hip hoppish samurai, cybernetic villains decked out in Japanese accoutrement, a seasonal matsuri float carrying a DJ atop a massive PA.
Every building, road, tree and "accoutrement" pieces depicted in these pictures were made by Herb.
Was a second apartment an accoutrement of literary celebrity, or had the family carted its furniture and belongings into other rooms we couldn't see?
Why pollute the truly urban with "resort chic" accoutrement?
She does not write graphically about sex, but it is in the margins of her pages and her character's consciousness as she is on a crash collision course with womanhood and all its joys, accoutrement and heartaches.
The audience politely claps, Baldo bows, collects his various accoutrement, and exits, stage left.
The red bar-side book divulges the secrets brewed with ice, libation and a sleek chrome shaker, because its all about the accoutrement, and technique.
They are at once identifiable, strapped tightly into their wheelchairs so that they do not slump forward and fall, moving only in concert with their oxygen or feeding bags or other accoutrement of sickness.
NFL football is not just a anatomy of action and entertainment, but it is acknowledged in bringing calm families and friends, accession all of them into adherence appear the game, you have to acquire the accoutrement of your aggregation like a jersey, a T-shirt, ae your diaphoresis shirt, a alone abu
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.