from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Fit to be eaten; edible: an eatable meal.
- n. Something fit to be eaten.
- n. Food.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Able to be eaten; edible.
- n. Anything edible
- n. food
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Capable of being eaten; fit to be eaten; proper for food; esculent; edible.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Fit to be eaten; edible; proper for food; esculent.
- n. Anything that may be eaten; that which is fit for or used as food.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any substance that can be used as food
- adj. suitable for use as food
eat + -able (“able, capable”) (Wiktionary)