from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Marketed in a finished condition in standard sizes. Used of clothing.
- adj. Of, relating to, or doing business in ready-to-wear clothing.
- n. Clothing marketed in a finished condition in standard sizes.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Describing apparel that does not need any tailoring (for example hemming) before it can be worn.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. ready-made clothing
- adj. (especially of clothing) made in standard sizes and available from merchandise in stock
ready + to + wear (Wiktionary)