from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Projecting from a flat background; in relief; embossed: a raised design.
- adj. Made light and high by yeast or other leaven.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of raise.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Lifted up; showing above the surroundings.
- adj. Leavened; made with leaven, or yeast; -- used of bread, cake, etc., as distinguished from that made with cream of tartar, soda, etc. See Raise, v. t., 4.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. embellished with a raised pattern created by pressure or embroidery
- adj. located or moved above the surround or above the normal position
- adj. increased in amount or degree
Sorry, no etymologies found.