from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Honest; honorable.
- adj. Upright; while standing.
- adj. Performed while standing although normally done while sitting.
- adj. That allows the batter to advance to a given base (usually second or third) without having to slide.
- n. A performance of stand-up comedy; jokes delivered standing on a stage
- n. A short meeting performed while standing up.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Standing; erect; upright; high.
- Specifically, in pugilism, noting a fair boxing-match, where the combatants stand manfully to each other, without false falls: as, a fair stand-up fight.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. requiring a standing position
Sorry, no etymologies found.