from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Moving or operating in one direction only: a unidirectional microphone.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertaining to only one direction, e.g.: where all component parts are aligned in the same direction in space.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having, or moving in, only one direction; not subject to reversals or changes of direction: said of a direct electric current, or sometimes of a magnetic field of which the lines of force are fixed as to direction.
- In electricity, noting currents which flow in the same direction round a circuit.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. operating or moving or allowing movement in one direction only
Sorry, no etymologies found.