from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having, presenting, or oriented toward a single face.
- adj. Archaeology Flaked in such a way as to produce a cutting edge that is sharp on one side only. Used of a stone tool.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having, or showing, a single face.
- adj. Having only one principal or specialized surface or edge.
- adj. Cylindrical.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having but one front surface.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having only one face, front, or aspect; all facing the same way, as the polypites of some corals; unifarious; secund. See cut under sen-kidney.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having but one principal or specialized surface
Sorry, no etymologies found.