from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, on, relating to, involving, or affecting only one side: "a unilateral advantage in defense” ( New Republic).
- adj. Performed or undertaken by only one side: unilateral disarmament.
- adj. Obligating only one of two or more parties, nations, or persons, as a contract or an agreement.
- adj. Emphasizing or recognizing only one side of a subject.
- adj. Having only one side.
- adj. Tracing the lineage of one parent only: a unilateral genealogy.
- adj. Botany Having leaves, flowers, or other parts on one side only.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. done by one side only
- adj. affecting only one side of the body
- adj. binding or affecting one party only
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Being on one side only; affecting but one side; one-sided.
- adj. Pertaining to one side; one-sided.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- One-sided; of or pertaining to one side only.
- In botany, one-sided; either originating on one side of an axis or all turned to one side, as the flowers of a unilateral raceme.
- Placed on one side only of a surface; unifacial, as a set of polypites.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. involving only one part or side
- adj. tracing descent from either the paternal or the maternal line only
Sorry, no etymologies found.