from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having or consisting of one cell; one-celled: unicellular organisms.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Describing any microorganism that has a single cell
- n. A single-celled organism; a unicell.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having, or consisting of, but a single cell.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Consisting of a single cell, as some infusorians and some cryptogams; pertaining to or exhibiting only a single cell, as most of the protozoan animals and protophytic plants, and the undeveloped ova of all metazoan animals.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having or consisting of a single cell
Sorry, no etymologies found.