from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having or consisting of many cells: multicellular organisms.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. That has many cells, often differentiated in function.
- n. Such an organism
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Consisting of, or having, many cells or more than one cell.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having several cells; consisting of several cells; many-celled: as, a multicellular organism.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. consisting of many cells
Sorry, no etymologies found.