American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Consisting of or marked by only one part or element.
- adj. Of or relating to a telecommunications system in which only one message can be sent in either direction at one time.
- n. Mathematics A Euclidean geometric spatial element having the minimum number of boundary points, such as a line segment in one-dimensional space, a triangle in two-dimensional space, or a tetrahedron in three-dimensional space.
- n. Linguistics A word that has no affixes and is not part of a compound; a simple word.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Simple; single: applied to telegraphy.
- adj. Single, simple; not complex.
- adj. telecommunications unidirectional
- n. geometry, algebraic topology An analogue in any dimension of the triangle or tetrahedron: the convex hull of n+1 points in n-dimensional space.
- n. linguistics A simple word, one without affixes.
- adj. having only one part or element
- adj. allowing communication in only one direction at a time, or in telegraphy allowing only one message over a line at a time
- From Latin (Wiktionary)
- Latin, simple; see sem-1 in Indo-European roots. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“The vegetation is a short sparse wiry grassland dominated by Loudetia simplex, which is used as a fine thatching grass, and Monocymbium ceresiiforme.”
““The simplex is a simple geometric mathematical object, an exercise in logistics, a triangle or trapezoid folded on itself,” says Aphrodite.”
“It is in view, probably, of this difficulty that Plato, in the Philebus, makes pleasure an element in the Term; the good is not defined as a simplex or set in Intellectual-Principle alone; while he rightly refrains from identifying the good with the pleasant, yet he does not allow”
“In glaucoma simplex, which is largely devoid of marked congestive periods (acute attacks), a surprisingly high degree of acuity of vision may exist with a deep excavation and pale nerve.”
“Yes, they have twice as much band, and can operate "simplex" on 'phone with Region 2 stations.”
“Pumps in this category range from "simplex" having one cylinder, to in some cases "quad" having four cylinders or more.”
“A '' 'simplex' '' is a form of communications in only one direction from the transmitter to the receiver.”
“A '' 'simplex' '' is the solution space to an [[optimization]] problem with [[linear]] restraints.”
“I actually carry 2 cellphones and a 5 watt VHF Amateur Transceiver, set to various frequencies for contacts through repeaters or simplex communications.”
“Subject: Programming Tags: GLSL, OpenGL, perlin noise, projects, simplex noise, terrain generation, water simulation Leave a Comment »”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘simplex’.
good words related to math, physics, logic and other fields that I don't know enough of, but like anyway...
Sisyphus cooling, forbidden mechanism, false vacuum, universal extra d..., strange antiquark, strangelet, nowhere-different..., vacuous truth, deviant logic, exceptional object, monstrous moonshine, forgetful functor and 658 more...
Words that describe a smallest possible amount, trace, or degree; a fundamental unit; an irreducible constituent; a smallest, indivisible constituent part or unit; a least possible positive value; ...
Words I find interesting.
For stuff to simply reside.
Looking for tweets for simplex.