from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Standing erect; upright: a standup collar.
- adj. Taken, done, or used while standing: a standup supper; a standup bar.
- adj. Of or designating a performer who stands alone on a stage, as in a nightclub, and delivers a comic monologue.
- adj. Slang Courageous and steadfast: a standup guy.
- n. Standup comedy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A comedian who performs on stage.
- n. A free-standing photographic print or promotional item. Alternative spelling of standee.
Sorry, no etymologies found.