from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A usually decorative covering for a bed.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The topmost covering of a bed, often functioning as a blanket.
- n. A coverlet.
- n. A counterpane.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A bedquilt; a counterpane; a coverlet.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The uppermost quilt or covering of a bed, generally ornamental.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. decorative cover for a bed
bed + spread (Wiktionary)