from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of shield.
- n. The situation, in NMR spectroscopy, in which a local magnetic field is weakened by the presence of neighbouring nuclei
- n. Action done by the person with the ball to protect the ball from the defender; the person concerned keeps his body between the ball and the defender.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of protecting or screening, or that which protects or screens.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of shielding from harm
- n. a shield of lead or concrete intended as a barrier to radiation emitted in nuclear decay
- n. shield consisting of an arrangement of metal mesh or plates designed to protect electronic equipment from ambient electromagnetic interference
Sorry, no etymologies found.