from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to the work of guarding or maintaining: the custodial duties of a security guard.
- adj. Having custody, especially of a child: "children whose custodial parent has remarried” ( American Demographics).
- adj. Of or relating to child custody: custodial households.
- adj. Marked by care and supervision rather than efforts to cure: custodial treatment of terminal patients.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Providing protection, care, supervision or guarding
- adj. Of, pertaining to or providing custody, especially of a child
- adj. Providing punishment by incarceration
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Relating to custody or guardianship.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Relating to or of the nature of custody or guardianship.
- n. Same as custodia. C. Reade.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. providing protective supervision; watching over or safeguarding
From custody + -al; confer French custodial. (Wiktionary)