from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To organize into a labor union.
- transitive v. To cause to join a labor union.
- intransitive v. To organize or join a labor union.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To organize workers into a union.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To give the character of a union, and specifically of a trade-union, to; transform into, organize as, or incorporate in a (trade-) union; cause to join a (trade-) union.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. form or join a union
- v. recruit for a union or organize into a union
Sorry, no etymologies found.