from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To cause to join into a league, federal union, or similar association.
- intransitive v. To become united into a federal union.
- adj. United in a federation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. federated, united in an alliance or federation.
- v. To unite in a federation.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. United by compact, as sovereignties, states, or nations; joined in confederacy; leagued; confederate.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To form into a federation; constitute as a federation.
- Leagued; confederate; federal: as, federate nations or powers; “a federate alliance,”
- To unite in forming a league or federation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. enter into a league for a common purpose
- adj. united under a central government
- v. unite on a federal basis or band together as a league
The House unanimously passed a bill to centralize the system, he says, but the Senate took no action (the VA embarked on a less ambitious approach to "federate" but not totally centralize its system).
We welcome others to run wave servers and become wave providers, for themselves or as services for their users, and to "federate" waves, that is, to share waves with each other and with wave. google.com.
In response to this, a group of large companies formed the Liberty Alliance which developed protocols that will allow institutions to "federate" data across company boundaries.
It also will allow EMC to "federate" multiple clusters for rapid replication and mirroring, common management, and other stuff they either haven't figured out yet or aren't telling this intrepid reporter.
The Slough plan comes as the 164 grammars are being urged to "federate" with nearby comprehensives and secondary moderns to help raise standards.
And EMC is promising to offer "federate" different types of solutions built on its Atmos technology.
Then, Google tried convincing everyone to federate their systems.
Is it time for me to drag out the SPLC link on the Mises Institute and its ties to Neo-con (federate) s?
Other programs generally let you federate search results from all repositories.
One of the many promises of OpenID is the ability to more easily federate profile information from an identity provider to secondary consumer applications.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.