from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To compel, constrain, force.
- adj. Forced, constrained, done under compulsion.
- v. To work together.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To force; to compel; to drive.
- intransitive v. To act together; to work in concert; to unite.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To compel; force.
- To act together.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. act together, as of organisms
From the participle stem of Latin coagere. (Wiktionary)
From co- + act. (Wiktionary)