from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- intransitive v. To work or act together toward a common end or purpose.
- intransitive v. To acquiesce willingly; be compliant: asked the child to cooperate and go to bed.
- intransitive v. To form an association for common, usually economic, benefit: When buyers cooperate, they can make large wholesale purchases at a discount.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To work or act together, especially for a common purpose or benefit.
- v. To allow for mutual unobstructed action
- v. To function in harmony, side by side
- v. To engage in economic cooperation.
To cooperate is to give oneself over to the group.
To only expect people to cooperate is the lowest common denominator of personal relations.
Monolithic refusal to cooperate is their current modus operandi.
STANSELL: One of the guys came up to Marc and I, and he's going, in English, cooperate with us.
"I have found that torture is systematically used by police forces against persons who refuse to 'cooperate' -- political prisoners as well as suspects of common crimes," Nowak, an Austrian law professor, said.
You can cooperate, which is one of the keys to human success.
Federation, to see where we would like to cooperate, how we would like to cooperate, which is a promising part, which is not; taking into account this new posturing of the Russian
And one way to measure whether Iraqi is sincere in its desire to cooperate is to evaluate their declaration and to see whether it is indeed truthful and complete and full.
If they choose not to cooperate, that is something they can decide to do.
The multiplayer feature offers what looks to be an RTS-style control system where one person hosting an online match can place bets on the match (that will in turn carry over into the single-player campaign), issue commands to their human teammates (should they cooperate, that is) and follow individuals of their choosing from a third-person perspective.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.