American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- v. To work toward the passage of (legislation) by logrolling.
- v. To engage in political logrolling.
- v. To birl.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To engage in log-rolling in the political sense.
- n. A method of moving a patient, rolling up them on their side, and later onto a transport method such as a tarp, spineboard, or stretcher
- v. intransitive To exchange political favours.
- v. transitive To accomplish by logrolling.
- v. To roll a log in a body of water, while balancing on it; to birl.
- v. To move as rolling logs
- v. transitive To safely move (a body) in an emergency situation, tilting them up, then laying them on a transport surface.
GNU Webster's 1913
- v. Political cant, U. S. To engage in logrolling; to accomplish by logrolling.
- v. work toward the passage of some legislation by exchanging political favors such as trading votes
- Back-formation from logrolling. (Wiktionary)
“The updo I'm mostly using for trying things is the "logroll", one of my staples for wearing my hair.”
“I taught blogger class and the separate logroll of NWCC southern readers are all newbies.”
“This logroll, in which the SPD agreed to maintain many of the privileges of the army and other elites in return for ostensible allegiance to the new regime, formalized the dysfunctional relationship behind what history would come to know as the Weimar Republic.”
“It is also possible to logroll a braid, something I also do pretty often, but this will not give the sleek look of the "hair horns" that can be seen on the Arnolfini wedding picture, and that was my model for this try.”
“I suggested blogroll, off logroll, and all our funny conference names: bloggercon, vloggercon, blogher.”
“The generals and admirals have learned how to logroll, supporting each other's favorite weapons systems and presenting ever more costly wish lists to Congress.”
“Whether that means I'm more likely to logroll his novel, or minimize it just to imagine his squirm, I leave to your judgement.”
“Voluntary exchange in politics often involves the crafting of policies linking coalition members who are mutually indifferent about the demands of their partners, the classical form being the logroll.”
“The prototypic instrument is the construction of a party platform or a legislative logroll, but the process extends through the entire course of decision making, from the formulation of alternatives, to the gathering of information about them, the formal choice, and the implementation of the decision.”
“A government run literally on this principle would, if history is any guide, be either a perpetual logroll, or a chaos of warring shops.”
Looking for tweets for logroll.