Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In a sawmill, a steam-power machine for loading logs upon the saw-carriage.
- n. One of a number of politicians in a legislative body, united by an agreement, implied or expressed, to further each the other's schemes in consideration of a return in kind; a person habitually addicted to political log-rolling.
- n. Someone who logrolls, some who competes in a logrolling.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. Political cant, U. S. One who engages in logrolling.
- logroll + -er (Wiktionary)
“Finally, reducing the search for a Stevens replacement to a quest for the most able logroller on the left does nothing to dispel the widespread public perception that conservative judges read the constitution while liberals work the room.”
“Reducing the search for a Stevens replacement to a quest for the most able logroller on the left does nothing to dispel the widespread public perception that conservative judges closely read the Constitution and apply the law, while liberals stick a finger in the wind and then work the room.”
“Landing on a piece of floating lumber, he rode the river like a champion logroller and somehow made the catch.”
“Although the sun finally came out Saturday, it was not the kind of day a logroller wants to take a dip.”
“Logrolling classes at Madison's West YMCA are a great introduction to the sport and are taught by Shana Martin, a world-champion logroller.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘logroller’.
A list of compound derogatory names such as gapeseed, muckworm and lickspittle. Your one-word contributions to this list are welcome.
See sionnach's list derogatory terms I should use ...
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A macédoine of interesting words that feature the letter ell.
Looking for tweets for logroller.