from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To unite in a federal union.
- transitive v. To subject to the authority of a federal government; put under federal control.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To unite into a federation
- v. To bring something under federal control
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To unite in compact, as different States; to confederate for political purposes; to unite by or under the Federal Constitution.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To make federal; impart a federal or confederate character to.
- To unite by compact; league, as different states; confederate for political purposes.
- Also federalise.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. unite on a federal basis or band together as a league
- v. enter into a league for a common purpose
- v. put under the control and authority of a federal government
Sorry, no etymologies found.