from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A member of a Thai people inhabiting southern and eastern Myanmar (Burma).
- n. Any of the Tibeto-Burman languages of this people.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A female given name. First taken up as a given name in the U.S.A., and popular in the English-speaking world from the 1950s to the 1970s.
- proper n. A group of languages of Myanmar and Thailand.
- proper n. A transliteration of the Armenian male given name Կարեն.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A language spoken in the Thai-Burmese borderlands.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Thailand and Burmese borderlands
From Danish Karen. (Wiktionary)
From Burmese ကရင် (kăyin, "wild, low-caste man"). (Wiktionary)