from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- In the Bible, the elder brother of Moses who helped lead the Hebrews out of Egypt.
- Aaron, Henry Louis Known as "Hank.” Born 1934. American baseball player who surpassed (1974) Babe Ruth's lifetime record of 714 home runs and retired (1976) with a total of 755 home runs.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. The elder brother of Moses in the Book of the Exodus.
- proper n. A male given name.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The plant Arum maculatum. See Arum.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (Old Testament) elder brother of Moses and first high priest of the Israelites; created the golden calf
- n. United States professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934)
From Hebrew אהרן (Ahărōn), of unknown meaning, possibly meaning "bearer of martyrs", or perhaps also, or instead, related to the Ancient Egyptian "aha rw" ("warrior lion"), though it has been suggested to also mean "elevated", "exalted" or "high mountain", or "woe to this pregnancy". (Wiktionary)