from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Greek Mythology The ferryman who conveyed the dead to Hades over the river Styx.
- n. Greek Mythology The largest satellite of Pluto.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. The ferryman of Hades. (Read more at Wikipedia)
- proper n. The largest of three moons of Pluto. (Read more at Wikipedia)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The son of Erebus and Nox, whose office it was to ferry the souls of the dead over the Styx, a river of the infernal regions.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (Greek mythology) the ferryman who brought the souls of the dead across the river Styx or the river Acheron to Hades
From Ancient Greek Χάρων (Kharōn). (Wiktionary)