from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Roman Mythology The daughter of Ceres who became the goddess of the underworld when Pluto carried her away and made her his wife.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. The ancient Roman goddess of springtime, queen of the underworld, her Greek equivalent is Persephone.
- proper n. 26 Proserpina, the asteroid.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A genus of gastropods, typical of the family Proserpinidæ.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. goddess of the underworld; counterpart of Greek Persephone
Sorry, no etymologies found.