from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A country of southeast South America stretching about 3,701 km (2,300 mi) from its border with Bolivia to southern Tierra del Fuego, an island it shares with Chile. Europeans first explored the region in the early 1500s, and in 1776 Spain established a viceroyalty that included present-day Argentina, Uruguay, Paraguay, and Bolivia. Argentina achieved its independence from Spain in 1816. Buenos Aires is the capital and the largest city. Population: 40,300,000.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A taxonomic genus within the family Argentinidae — herring smelts.
- proper n. A taxonomic genus within the subfamily Rosoideae — silverweeds.
- proper n. A country in South America, called officially The Argentine Republic. Capital: Buenos Aires.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a country in South America, bordering Chile and Bolivia.
- n. type genus of the Argentinidae: argentines.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A genus of malacopterygian fishes, giving name to the family Argentinidœ: so called from their silvery scales. A. sphyrœna, of European waters, is the type.
- n. [lowercase] A name given to unglazed porcelain, coated with gold, silver, or copper by a process similar to that of electroplating.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. type genus of the Argentinidae: argentines
- n. a republic in southern South America; second largest country in South America
BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA - General Mills announced that it is selling its chain of Delicity bakeries in Argentina in order to focus on growing its core brands and foodservice businesses.
With signs and buttons stating, "NO CANDU FOR ARGENTINA," and "HOT CARGO," the protesters demanded the release of 17 political prisoners in Argentina, most of whom were trade unionists.
CHACABUCO, ARGENTINA - It was just like driving to work, except that I kept on going: From New York to Argentina, through 12 countries, for four months and more than 13,000 miles.
Ganó la liga argentina con tres equipos diferentes y también jugó con la selección Argentina.
BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA - The leading newspaper in Argentina is apologizing for publishing the e-mails by an Argentine woman who became South Carolina Gov.
SYLVIA HERNANDEZ, CHANNEL 7, ARGENTINA (through translator): Sylvia Hernandez from Channel 7 in Argentina and now Simon Romero from "The New York Times."
Argentina - Revolutionary Communist Party of Argentina*
Bolivia President Evo Morales to Play Soccer Match at 21,463 Feet it makes a big difference and this shows it bolivia is bottom of the table, argentina clearly have talent to destroy bolivia and argentina is not in bad form look at there previous 3 encounters against the a team like france who although are going therew tough times. .also have great players that can change a match the game 3 nights previous Argentina clearly dominated venezuela a team of slightly better talent than Bolivia at the same time other teams from south America played in bolivia as well and none suffered such a large defeat
#argentina drewstewart Mistresses are Argentina's greatest export parselis Mart�n RT @chapita: las declaraciones de Michetti est�n bajo licencia creative commons 2.5 de argentina y pueden volver a usarse en cualquier e yonews Hospitals Verging on Collapse in Argentina abritez Alex I am officially a USA fan ...
(ITnews) - (Hugin) - Embargo: September 4, 2008 at 8: 30 AM (Brussels time) SOLVAY INDUPA SECURES COMPETITIVE & RELIABLE ENERGY SOURCING IN ARGENTINA Alliance with Energy Group Albanesi for the Construction of a New Power Plant Solvay today confirmed that its affiliate Solvay Indupa has entered into an agreement with Rafael Albanesi SA, the Argentinean energy group, for the creation of Solalban Energía SA, a joint company which will build and operate a new thermoelectric power plant (CCGT - Combined Cycle Gas Turbine) at Solvay Indupa's plastics and chemicals production site in Bahia Blanca, Argentina.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.