from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- The capital and largest city of Saskatchewan, Canada, in the southern part of the province southeast of Saskatoon. It was the capital of the Northwest Territories until the province of Saskatchewan was created in 1905. Population: 179,000.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. The reigning queen.
- proper n. The provincial capital of Saskatchewan (Canada) with a metropolitan population of about 200,000.
- proper n. A female given name.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In herpetology, a genus of water-snakes or aquatic harmless serpents of the family Colubridæ. The type is the striped water-snake of the United States, R. leberis.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the provincial capital of Saskatchewan
REGINA - A convicted stalker ordered banished from the city of Regina by a judge has launched an appeal, arguing the judge went too far.
REGINA - A former Regina youth worker has been sentenced to 4 1/2 years in prison after pleading guilty to sexually assaulting children.
• REGINA 5, MONTICELLO 0: Zoe Dutchik had three goals and an assist to lead the Regals at Regina.
REGINA - A Regina teacher who has won awards for volunteer work is facing charges of sexual exploitation and sexual touching involving three male teens.
REGINA -- The Saskatchewan government is hoping all roads lead to Regina.
REGINA -- Two homegrown Regina carriers have combined their operations to establish a deeper footprint in the growing western market.
REGINA - A teachers 'group says there is only one way to save the struggling First Nations University of Canada - change the way the Regina school is run.
REGINA -- The Ford world men's curling championship will return to Regina in 2011, marking the third time the city has hosted the event.
REGINA - A school board spokesman says almost half of the students at a Regina elementary school with at least one case of swine flu were absent Friday.
REGINA - A 27-year-old man is recovering in hospital after he was shot by a Regina police officer.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.