from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having no lid or lids.
- adj. Archaic Watchful; vigilant.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. without a lid
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having no lid, or not covered with the lids, as the eyes; hence, sleepless; watchful.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having no lid; especially, having no eyelids; hence, poetically, incapable of closing the eyes; sleepless; perpetually vigilant.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not having or covered with a lid or lids
- adj. always watchful
- adj. having no lid
Sorry, no etymologies found.