from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A veil.
- n. Sheer material, such as gauze or fine lace, used for veils.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of veil.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A veil; a thin covering; also, material for making veils.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of concealing with a veil.
- n. A veil; a thin covering.
- n. Material for making veils: as, nun's-veiling; silk veiling.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a net of transparent fabric with a loose open weave
Sorry, no etymologies found.