from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Something sent by mail.
- n. A batch of mail dispatched at one time by a sender.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An act of sending mail.
- v. Present participle of mail.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A farm.
- n. The act or process of sending materials through the mail.
- n. A quantity of mail, such as letters, magazines, advertising brochures, etc., sent at one time by one person or organization.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Linked mail in general.
- n. The conventional device adopted, as in early monuments of art, to give the idea of a garment of mail.
- n. A piece of land for which rent or feu-duty is paid; a farm.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. mail sent by a sender at one time
- n. the transmission of a letter
Sorry, no etymologies found.