from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small portion of food or a slice, especially of meat.
- n. A roll of fat flesh.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A slice of meat.
- n. A roll or fold of flesh on the body.
- n. A small piece, portion, or slice of something.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A small slice of meat; a piece of flesh.
- n. A part or piece of anything; a portion.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A slice or lump of flesh; a piece of meat.
- n. Figuratively A slice or piece of anything; anything in the shape of a collop.
- n. A rounded fold of flesh, as on some very fat animals.
Middle English.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Scandinavian kallops stewed meat (Wiktionary)