from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A thin slice of fried or broiled bacon.
- n. A dish or an order of thin slices of fried or broiled bacon.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. comparative form of rash: more rash
- n. A strip of bacon
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A thin slice of bacon.
- n. A California rockfish (Sebastichthys miniatus).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In cookery, a slice of bacon, and formerly of any meat, for frying or broiling.
- n. A scorpænoid fish of California, Sebastichthys or Scbastodcs miniatus, of a red color variously marked. It is one of a large group of rock-fish or rock-cod, others of which no doubt have the same name.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a commercially important fish of the Pacific coast of North America
Origin unknown.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)