from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The cutting blade of a plow; a share.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The cutting edge of a plow, typically a metal blade.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The share of a plow, or that part which cuts the slice of earth or sod at the bottom of the furrow.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The share of a plow, or that part which cuts the ground at the bottom of the furrow, and raises the slice to the mold-board, which turns it over; the sock of a plow. See first cut under plow.
- n. In anatomy, the vomer.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a sharp steel wedge that cuts loose the top layer of soil
plow + share (Wiktionary)