from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of pot.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Tippling.
- n. The act of placing in a pot
- n. The process of putting sugar in casks for cleansing and draining.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In horticulture, the transfer of plants from beds or benches to flower-pots, or from one pot to another.
- n. The operation of putting up cooked and seasoned meats in pots, where they are preserved by the action of the salt, spices, etc., with which they are prepared, and by the exclusion of air.
- n. In sugar manufacturing, the act or operation of transferring raw sugar from the crystallizing-pans to perforated casks.
- n. In sulphuric-acid manuf., the placing of pots containing either potassium nitrate or sodium nitrate and sulphuric acid in the kilns used for the manufacture of sulphuric acid from sulphurous acid obtained from the combustion of sulphur in air.
- n. In billiards, the act of holing a ball.
Sorry, no etymologies found.