American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- v. To make into a mummy by embalming and drying.
- v. To cause to shrivel and dry up.
- v. To shrivel or dry up like a mummy.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To make into a mummy; embalm and dry as a mummy; hence, to dry, or to preserve by drying.
- v. transitive To make into a mummy, by preserving a dead body.
- v. intransitive To become a mummy.
GNU Webster's 1913
- v. To embalm and dry as a mummy; to make into, or like, a mummy.
- v. To turn into a mummy-like corpse; to dry up with unusually little decomposition; -- said of dead animals.
- v. dry up and shrivel due to complete loss of moisture
- v. remove the organs and dry out (a dead body) in order to preserve it
- v. preserve while making lifeless
“A small cotton ball damp with formocresol is placed to "mummify" the pulp stumps and to sterilize the area.”
“Australian bees 'mummify' their beetle enemy alive”
“Yes | No | Report from Elmer Fudd wrote 18 weeks 3 days ago if time is not an issue, expose it to air in the freezer and the freezer burn will eventually mummify it”
“Invented in the 1890s, the multitool is more useful now than it ever was: Its flashlight yes, some have lights can help you search through a backpack filled with charging cables to find your keys; its screwdriver is always handy when you need to open your PC for a RAM upgrade and its blades will slice through any of those blister packs that mummify electronics.”
“To mummify a body, they would remove all the organs (all those wet squishy things go bad quickly and smell bad) and cover the body with a salty substance called natron that would dry it out.”
“After years of thinking about him, Cho decided to look them up on the Internet and discovered that he killed his wife and hidden her body in the attic long enough for it to mummify.”
“Sometimes, Laura begged the twins to mummify her in the tablecloth and parade her through the house.”
““Why would anyone want to mummify a crocodile?” she asked.”
“But we didn't mummify our daughter's diapers either.”
“As a side note, did the Chinese actually mummify their royalty?”
Did We Need Another Mummy? : SF Universe - SF Universe is your Science Fiction central. From SciFi television to movies to books and more. All the latest news, reviews and insights from SciFi experts.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘mummify’.
Just like it says
Looking for tweets for mummify.