from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To make into a mummy by embalming and drying.
- transitive v. To cause to shrivel and dry up.
- intransitive v. To shrivel or dry up like a mummy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To make into a mummy, by preserving a dead body.
- v. To become a mummy.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To embalm and dry as a mummy; to make into, or like, a mummy.
- intransitive v. To turn into a mummy-like corpse; to dry up with unusually little decomposition; -- said of dead animals.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To make into a mummy; embalm and dry as a mummy; hence, to dry, or to preserve by drying.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. dry up and shrivel due to complete loss of moisture
- v. remove the organs and dry out (a dead body) in order to preserve it
- v. preserve while making lifeless
Sorry, no etymologies found.