from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To expose to sunlight.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To dry in, or expose to, the sun's rays; to ripen or prepare by such exposure.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To dry in, or to expose to, the sun's rays; to ripen or prepare by such exposure.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To expose to the rays of the sun; affect by exposure to the sun, as for drying, ripening, arousing or stimulating (as the vital forces of a patient), or the like.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. expose to the rays of the sun or affect by exposure to the sun
Latin īnsōlāre, īnsōlāt- : in-, in; see in-2 + sōl, sun; see sāwel- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Latin insolatus, past participle of insolare to expose to the sun; prefix in- in + sol the sun. (Wiktionary)