from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of preserving; care to preserve; act of keeping from destruction, decay or any ill.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or process of preserving, or keeping safe; the state of being preserved, or kept from injury, destruction, or decay; security; safety; ; a picture in good preservation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of preserving, or keeping safe or sound; the act of keeping from injury or decay: as, the preservation of life or of property.
- n. The state of being preserved from injury or decay; escape from destruction or danger: as, a building in good preservation.
- n. A means of security or escape.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the condition of being (well or ill) preserved
- n. a process that saves organic substances from decay
- n. the activity of protecting something from loss or danger
- n. an occurrence of improvement by virtue of preventing loss or injury or other change
Sorry, no etymologies found.