from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of keeping safe or the state of being kept safe; protection.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the act of keeping something safe; protection from harm, damage, loss, or theft
- n. the storage of assets in a protected area
- n. the responsibility of a guardian
- n. not returning checks; a system wherein banks keep checks (cheques) that people write, rather than returning them to the account holder with their monthly statement.
Sorry, no etymologies found.